This book is the most detailed and comprehensive academic work on the science and art of Trick Horse training ever published.
Priority class mail shipping cost is included in price. For International shipping scroll to the bottom of the dvd selection and click on the button that will charge for International Priority class option.
Tricks Aren’t Just Fun - They Create a Fantastic Equine Partner!
“The Trick Horse Companion” is this step-by-step guide that features over 300 full color photographs. Learn how to teach your equine buddies amazing new skills that will delight any audience; whether around the barn or on the stage.
Applying their time-tested methods of “Enlightened Trick Training”, Allen Pogue and Suzanne De Laurentis demonstrate an easy-to-follow program that offers step by step instruction to insure progress. With their combined fifty-plus years working with literally thousands of avid horse enthusiasts from around the globe they guide you to get the same results with your horse that they get with theirs.
"The Trick Horse Companion" goes light years beyond just the mechanics of "how" to train tricks and adds the "why" of trick training.
“The Trick Horse Companion” teaches all categories of tricks and helps you understand the benefit of teaching your horse each category.
• Pedestal Training — the Pedestal gives the horse his own safe place, a base where he is ready for further instruction.
• Tricks of Trust include the Obeisance or Circus Bow, the Bow, Kneel and Lie Down. These are moves what help to develop total and complete trust in his handler.
• Tricks of Engagement include retrieving an object such as a Frisbee, flag or cap. A horse learns to willingly engage with his handler. Tricks of Engagement create a can-do attitude that develops into a want-to-do work ethic.
• Tricks of Agility include the Salute (Jambette), the Rear and Hind Leg Walk, the Sit Up and Sit Down.
• Tricks of Gait include amplifications of natural movement as simple as an extended trot or as advanced as the Spanish Walk.
• Liberty Training is the ultimate expression of Enlightened Trick Horse Training. The horses respond to the handler’s cues without any attachments.
“Sue and Allen’s Enlightened Trick Horse Training is the first trick-training method that both honors the horse’s intelligence and individuality.”
—Susana Gibson, Founder and Publisher, trailBLAZER magazine
“I have worked with Sue and Allen for many years and have filmed segments for my Speaking
of Horses TV Show with them. They are professional trainers whose work I highly recommend!.”
“Speaking of Horses” TV and Radio
Hardcover, 242 pages, over 300 full-color photographs. Copies can be personalized (signed) by the authors.
About The Authors
Sue and Allen, a husband and wife team owned and operated Red Horse Ranch, a 50+ horse boarding and training facility for over 20 years in Dripping Springs, TX. They now reside in Pie Town, New Mexico
The teach people from around the globe how to incorporate “Enlightened Trick Training” methods with saddle training and groundwork to create the “Ultimate Companion Horse”.
Imagine A Horse blends modern and classical horsemanship into a fun and comprehensive training philosophy designed to increase the intelligence, adaptability and predictability of today’s companion horse. Their work focuses on teaching horse lovers how to build an interactive relationship with their horses to create a bond that most horse owners only dream of.
Their horses, methods and philosophy have been featured worldwide in the finest equine publications. Sue and Allen appeared as clinicians and performed as entertainment at major horse expos for over a decade starting in 2000. Sue's horse Lady C was honored as a Breyer Horse in 2013.